Qatar on Thursday became the first country to arrive for the upcoming ISSF World Cup in New Delhi while Brazil and UK are reaching on Friday, after which the teams will go into a seven-day hard quarantine.
Six shooters and their support staff from Qatar reached the national capital on Thursday.
Both Brazil and the United Kingdom have witnessed a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases in recent times.
Participants, coaches and officials from the two countries will be quarantined at the Radisson Hotel situated close to the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range, the venue for the March 18-29 ISSF World Cup.
The ISSF tournament will see shooters from more than 40 countries, including UK and Brazil, taking part.
Last month, Sports Minister of India Kiren Rijiju had said that a shorter and convenient quarantine period would be put in place for the world cup in order to not discourage international shooters from competing at the event.
“I have already assured that India will conduct international tournaments in such a way that COVID protocols will be followed but foreign players will not be staying in long quarantine and will not be discouraged to participate,” Rijiju had said.
Before that, a request was placed before the ministry that shooters be exempted from the hard quarantine period of 14 days and that foreign delegates be given vaccine shots on priority.
More than 40 countries have so far confirmed their entries, including Korea, Singapore, USA, United Kingdom, Iran, Ukraine, France, Hungary, Italy, Thailand and Turkey.
Some countries, which are not sending their teams include the likes of China, Japan, Germany, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Kuwait and Malaysia.