Guns can be dangerous if not handled or used properly and can easily injure or even kill you, and those around you. There are no second chances with a gun and the rules for safe gun handling must always be followed to avoid accidents. Always remember that guns are not toys and should be treated with respect.
Safe Gun Handling
1. Always treat the gun as loaded.
2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
4. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
5. Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
6. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
7. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
8. Always use proper Ammunition.
9. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
10. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for several seconds, then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
11. Don’t rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing.
12. Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.
1. Follow the 12 golden rules.
2. Know and follow all the rules of the Shooting Range.
3. Listen and do what the Range Master tells you to do.
4. Uncase and case your gun at the shooting bench, never behind the safety line.
5. Always keep the barrel pointed down range.
6. Always keep the gun on safe until you intend to shoot.
7. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
8. Never shoot at water or hard surfaces.
Safe Gun Storage
1. Keep all guns and ammunition out of the reach of children, untrained adults, and those who would use them improperly.
2. Always keep your guns locked in a Gun Safe that cannot be easily broken into or taken away. If one is not available, use a Cable Lock or Trigger Lock (one that goes behind the trigger is preferred) and store the guns out of the reach of those who should not have access to them.
3. Keep the keys to gun safes and gun locks hidden and out of the reach of those who should not have access to them.
4. Store your guns unloaded and with the safety on.
5. Keep the guns dry, cleaned, and oiled while in storage.
6. Store guns and ammunition in a dry cool place and away from heat and fire.
Have a safe and a happy shooting experience.
Contact TOPGUN SHOOTING ACADEMY at 011-41088098.